Friday 25 November 2011

Herb Crusted Prime Rib with red wine sauce

Since I was having dinner alone I purchased a small 1.85 kg prime rib roast.  To me, it appeared to be a small rib steak!  The grillin on this is very easy.  Medium indirect heat till it's perfect.
I have no problems using a meat thermometer, and at 145 F and 10 minutes of resting in a tinfoil tent it turns out perfect.  The crust is a mixture of herbs used in French cuisine called Herbes de Provence.
It's a blend of  dried herbs and sometimes lavender flowers.  They are not used in the south of France or anywhere near me!  I may be starting to mature, but Im not an old lady!  No lavender here please!
The sauce is the tricky part and you need to read entire recipies before just starting.
There was no marinading required but cooking down the sauce takes nearly two hours!
The roast (steak) was scrumptious.  The flavours were very unique.
I did however have the dipping sauce, horseradish (for the roast part) and blue cheese (for the steak:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment